Many people have tested their DNA and are looking for a safe, and free service where they can upload their DNA data and receive DNA matches. Millions of people have found new family members through MyHeritage. See this story about Rae Robinson, who had been searching for her paternal family for 31 years, trying many DNA testing services, until an upload to MyHeritage cracked the case.
If you’ve done a DNA test before on another service, uploading your DNA data to MyHeritage can help you break down genealogical brick walls and discover new relatives.
Users who upload DNA data can purchase the one-time unlock fee of $29 per kit and they will be granted access to all advanced DNA features.
Why upload to MyHeritage
- Huge global user base of more than 4.6 million people
- The best service worldwide for European DNA matches
- Advanced and innovative DNA tools Including Chromosome Browser, AutoClusters, Theory of Family Relativity™ and much more
- DNA data uploaded to MyHeritage is completely private and secure. Only you can see the DNA data you upload.
- MyHeritage will never sell data to insurance companies, and we have a strict policy prohibiting the use of our DNA services by law enforcement agencies.
What the unlock fee includes
If you upload your raw DNA data and purchase the one-time unlock fee, in addition to the basic DNA features such as receiving, exporting, and contacting DNA Matches and viewing shared ancestral surnames, you’ll be able to access the following features for free:
- Ethnicity Estimate
- Chromosome Browser
- View family trees and pedigree charts of your DNA Matches
- Shared DNA Matches
- Shared ethnicities
- Shared ancestral places
- Theory of Family Relativity™
How to upload your DNA data
We support DNA files from Ancestry, Family Tree DNA’s Family Finder, 23andMe (all versions, including v5). You can find instructions for exporting your data from another service and uploading it to MyHeritage on our DNA upload page.